IT Project Manager
Length of project: 12/01/2018-11/30/2021 (three year contract possibly longer)
Responsibilities include overall project planning, governance and management. Duties shall focus on project planning, monitoring and control, and serving as primary liaison with Agency and Agency stakeholders.
2. The position shall ensure the appropriate application of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the State’s Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in managing the project.
3. The Senior Project Manager will work collaboratively with the Department and
stakeholder groups to define requirements and system specifications, define
procurement strategies, write procurements as necessary, and monitor project
Duties include but are not limited to:
a. Project definition, preparing scope and requirements documents,
b. Working collaboratively with State staff,
c. Prepare system requirements and associated procurements to
secure appropriate vendors for COTS and/or custom development
d. Creating various project plans, staff task work plans, and
maintaining issue lists,
e. Manage, review, and monitor the activities of the project teams(s)
and/or vendors as necessary,
f. Maintain standard project management SDLC document as defined by the Maryland Department of Information Technology,
g. Communicate effectively with stakeholders,
h. Manage the entire project success and assure the successful
attainment of each and every goal set out at the onset of the
i. Complete other duties as assigned.
1. Master's Degree
2. Active Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent, as determined by the PO
b. General Experience:
1. At least six (6) years of experience in project management within the last ten (10) years. Proposals with this qualification will be ranked higher during evaluation.
2. At least ten (10) years of experience in project management
c. Specialized Experience:
1. At least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects within the last eight (8) years. Proposals with this qualification will be ranked higher during evaluation
Active Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification or equivalent, as determined by the PO. Proposals with this qualification will be ranked higher during evaluation
3. Three (3) years of experience with project management for state and/or federal government projects within the last (5) years. Proposals with this qualification will be ranked higher during evaluation
4. Three (3) years of experience executing projects using the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Proposals with this qualification will be ranked higher during evaluation
5. At least ten (10) years of project management experience in development and operations of major IT Systems, as defined by the Department of Information Technology’s MITDP Criteria (https://doit.maryland.gov/epmo/Pages/MITDP/default.aspx ).
At least ten (10) years of experience with State Government projects.
At least five (5) years of experience as a project manager for Healthcare IT Systems software development through all stages of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC), with special preference for projects related Medicare/Medicaid.
8. At least (5) years of experience in Major IT Delivery Projects (MITDP) within the State of Maryland.
9. At least five (5) years supporting the Advance Planning Document (APDs) development to obtain federal funds IT initiatives.
10. At least five (5) years of experience supporting HIPAA X12 Claims Processing.
11. At least five (5) years managing Hosting & Operations for large-scale IT system that operates 24-hours per day, 365 days per year.
12. Demonstrated a leadership role in at least three (3) successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
13. At least three (3) years of software development using the Agile method.
14. Successfully led two (2) or more State Government Request for Proposals (RFP) through the drafting and review process, creation of evaluation tools, review of submitted vendor proposals, interviews and/or oral presentations,and development of award justification.
Must pass a background check.