This individual is primary responsible for the major segments of accounting and financial related work. Supervises, direct and participates in the efforts of staff accountants in the implementation of specific tasks and conduct detailed quality control of associated work. Assist in General Ledger (GL) monthly system closing process which consists of:
- GL year-end closing process; following commercial GAAP and calendar year annual reporting cycle.
- prepare G/L reconciliations,
- chart of accounts/chart maintenance,
- perform, analyze, process, and summarize transactions,
- devising new or revised accounting procedures,
- perform special studies to improve accounting operations,
- resolve accounting issues,
- capital accounting process,
- allocation and recovery process,
- receivable valuation processes,
- prepare payroll accounting/analysis,
- perform various financial and accounting analyses,
- resolution of audit findings, enhance internal controls,
- Improve operating efficiency and effectiveness.
A degree a must. CPA a plus. At least 5 years of experience ideally within a financial institution or the federal government.
Position contingent base on contract award.