To coordinate geological activities and well data acquisition at the well site (logging, drilling, coring etc) and provide necessary site reports to superior
Roles and Responsibilities:
· To monitor drilling and geological parameters at well site to detect the onset of pressure gradient changes.
· To ensure that drilling mud is mixed as per specification (appropriate weight, viscosity and salinity are maintained) and to report abnormalities to superior.
· Sending geological reports to superior giving details of the lithology, correlations, shows and gas analysis.
· Supervise the running of electric logs and help to make preliminary field interpretation when required.
· Coordinate subsurface / wellsite operations, supervise the running of electric logs and helps to make preliminary field interpretation when required
· Supervise side wall and bottom hole coring operations as well as in open or cased hole tests at the well site and ensuring proper preservation of the cores.
· Assess the logging equipment so as to ensure that it is in good working order and to report observed defects to superior.
· Supervise mud togging and wire-line logging operations, to provide guidelines at the well-site during drilling operations
· Monitor drilling operations from the time the surface casing is run and cemented till total depth and to alert superior whenever any abnormality is observed in the operation (e.g. drilling break, gas cut mud, etc.)
· Geoscience or Engineering degree.
· Relevant experience in Oil & Gas Industry and drilling activity
· Basic experience in log analysis, core interpretations and wireline
· Integrated use of well data
· Surface logging operations planning & supervision
· Problem Solving
· Listening and reception
· Relations management.