The Geologist, under minimal supervision, performs highly complex duties related to detailed mapping projects in various geographic areas. Undertakes simulations, including the evaluation of original pool resource in place, evaluation of current depletion methods, and evaluations of enhanced recovery, for both oil and gas operations. Serves as a part of a Reservoir Studies team and interacts with Reservoir Engineers in their departments to ensure that consistent geological understanding and interpretation. May provide mentorship and direction to less senior staff.
· Update and manage the Unconventional Resource inventory database in areas of responsibility
· Carry out subsurface technical assessments on potential new or existing unconventional and resource plays and define economic potential
· Coordinate with asset and operations personnel to bring techncially justified, investment opportunities from idea to reality
· Provide recommendations for and carry out active capital programs including; coring, sampling, testing, drilling, recompletions, etc.
· Provide recommendations for land and asset acquisition in new plays; aid and assist in value assessment for end of life projects for divestment.
Bachelor's degree in Geology or Geosciences
· Requires a minimum of 8 years of related industry experience in Geosciences
· Preferred prior experience prospecting in …
· Oil and Gas Industry Experience Preferred
· Practice safe work habits at all times
· Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
· Intermediate to advanced level computer skills
· Knowledge and ability to apply a variety of subsurface methods; such as, applied regional mapping, geophysical data integration, fluid and pressure prediction, sequence stratigraphic correlation and advanced geomechanical and structural concepts.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Flexible, multi-tasking oriented and able to work independently
· Able to think strategically, using imagination and foresight to conceptualize potential problems and the skills to avoid those problems
· Experience in horizontal drilling, completion, and simulation technology is preferred